Saturday, May 02, 2009

Illustration Friday: Heirarchy


"There be only one hierarchy in the west....MINE!"

I haven't posted to Illustration Friday in a while, so it feels good to be posting again. My original sketch was about the hierarchy of siblings, but my husband rejected that. When I showed him, I got a shrug of the shoulders and "Eh..." So I tackled the concept again this morning and am much happier with the overall result. The thumbnail in the upper left was my second attempt at getting the body movement down and I used that as the study for the final sketch.

I think he'll be added to my list of sketches to turn into final pieces. Everyone who regularly posts finished color illustrations every week has my respect because all I get done are sketches.

4 comments:

Darcy Melton said...

Nice movement! I enjoy your sketch style.

NANCY LEFKO said...

great sketch !!

Lynne the Pencil said...

Nice idea. It's interesting: I prefer the rougher sketch at the top.

thedoodlegirl said...

Too fun! Great characters!