Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Daily Sketch 23: Male 11-12 yrs

original image.

Analysis: Touchscreen laptop take two. Just as bad as take one. :) I'm going to assume that the draw 100 faces before you START to get good theory applies to the digital touchscreen/wacom pen tool as well. Everyone tells me that it has a huge learning curve, but once they get past the screen, they love it. The way I draw, with a series of light pencil strokes, probably doesn't help matters either. There were a number of times I kept trying to draw a line and i'd get a toolbox popup instead, or nothing at all. grr...2 down 98 to go.

If I have time tonight, I will redraw this with pencil.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When drawing on paper, you can make a line light or dark by changing the pressure you apply. How do you adapt that for drawing with the laptop?

-Scott

NightenGail said...

One of the ways to do that is by using the black on a transparency setting to draw. The initial lines are gray, but the more lines on top of each other, the darker it gets.